As a public institution, the Neptune Public Library is dedicated to free expression and free access to information and ideas, on all points of view concerning the problems and issues of interest to the residents of Neptune. To this end, the Library maintains a meeting room for library and community use.
The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the Neptune Public Library or use the facilities does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs by the Library Board of Trustees or the library staff.
- The entire municipal building, including the Library, is a smoke-free facility.
- Priority for meeting room use is given to Library events, then other Township functions, and finally to community service and non-profit organizations.
- All programs must be free and open to the public.
- All meetings must end no later than ½ hr. before closing, unless a waiver has been given by the Library Director. Groups may book a maximum of two meetings per month.
- Attendance in meeting rooms will be restricted to the number of persons permitted by the Township of Neptune Fire Marshall.
- Only light refreshments may be served. No alcoholic beverages may be served on the premises. The entire municipal building, including the Library, is a Smoke-Free facility.
- Meetings shall be scheduled during regular Library hours. They may be scheduled any time for the current year, and after September for the following year. The group reserving the room is responsible for any and all damages that occur during their meeting. All groups are expected to leave the room clean and as they found it. Use of a meeting room doesn’t imply use of Library equipment or other facilities without prior approval.
- Handicapped-accessible public restrooms are located in the Library entrance.
- All publicity for non-library sponsored meetings must indicate the name and contact telephone number of the sponsoring agency. Events shall not be publicized in such a way as to imply Library sponsorship of the group activities.
Use of the meeting room implies an agreement to comply with library policies. Noncompliance can result in immediate removal from the room and loss of privileges in the future.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees
February 15, 2006