Township employees are able to rent from our video and DVD collection with certain special benefits and restrictions. However, our video and DVD Collections must remain self-supporting. We buy new movies from rental fees. New movies are only in demand for a short amount of time. In order to recover our purchase price we must rent them as much as possible when they are in demand.
RULES FOR BORROWING
- Employees using library services must have a valid library card. Only the employee may borrow items under this policy.
- Videos and DVDs with New Arrival stickers are not free to employees. Employees will have to pay $1.00 for two nights to borrow them.
- All other videos and DVDs are rented for free to Twp employees.
- Fines will be charged if videos and DVDs are returned late. Staff will not waive Township employee fines. We have a book drop in which tapes and DVDs may be returned on time. The fine is $2.00 / tape or DVD per day.
- Because we cannot reserve videos or DVDs, it is not possible for us to “hold” these items for you. If it’s here, it’s yours. Please do not call and ask us to put them aside for you.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees
February 15, 2006